The United States is Open for Business!
With the world’s largest and most diversified economy, the United States offers investors extraordinary opportunities and is the premier location for new business investment. The U.S. has a lucrative and open consumer market of more than 300 million people, and thanks to numerous free trade agreements, has access to more than 400 million additional customers for goods and services that are produced in the United States.
The American work force is well-educated, productive, innovative, and mobile, and the United States has the flexibility through the American educational system to fashion training programs for the jobs of today and tomorrow. The United States has the world’s best university system, strong research and development R&D programs, and is the world’s leader in protecting intellectual property rights.
If you’re interested in doing business in the USA, these resources can help get you started:
- SelectUSA highlights the many advantages the United States offers as a location for business and investment, including incentives offered by different states and territories, a guide to federal programs and services for business working in the USA, and industry snapshots that describe the competitive landscape.
- BusinessUSA is a centralized, one-stop platform to make it easier than ever for businesses to access services to help them grow and hire. A product of collective thoughts and inputs from numerous agencies, this website is your front door to all the U.S. Government has to offer and provides information and resources on topics such as accessing finance and investing in the USA.
- BuyUSA The U.S. Foreign Commercial Service helps companies located outside of the U.S. find U.S. suppliers of products and services.
- International Buyer’s Program offers information on upcoming trade shows in the U.S.
- USA.gov provides numerous resources and statistics for foreign businesses operating in the U.S.
Business Visas to the United States
For information regarding business visas, please visit the Department of State Travel site.
Embassy Phone: +265 (0) 1773 166
Embassy Fax: +265 (0) 1 770 471
Economic and Commercial Officer
Phone Ext: 3406
Phone Ext. 3253