ASSISTANT FACILITIES MANAGER
The U.S. Embassy in Lilongwe has an immediate vacancy for the position of Assistant Facilities Manager. The successful applicant will report to the Facilities Manager and manage and direct all aspects of facilities on the Embassy compound, warehouse compound, and over forty Government Owned (GO) and STL residential properties. The Assistant Facilities Manager provides expertise in analyzing problems and determining solutions.
Also directly supervises the Utilities Supervisor, Structural Supervisor, Grounds & Materials Supervisor, and Maintenance & Projects Supervisor. The Assistant Facilities Manager also monitors and advises the work of technical contractors, either acting as the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) or serving as the COR’s assistant. The Assistant Facilities Manager covers for the Facilities Manager when s/he is away from post.
- A bachelor’s liberal arts or engineering/Facility Management related degree and a license in a trade are required.
- A total of eight years of combined specialized and general experience is required. Specialized experience (3 years) involving construction/maintenance on USG or commercial buildings. General experience (5 years) in two or more trades crafts. The two of these eight years must have been in a supervisory position and two years must have been in a similar working environment.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- The incumbent must be able to read and prepare buildings and construction plans and scopes of work, perform quantity assessments, perform quality inspections, plan and supervise multiple simultaneous projects on multiple sites and maintain accurate records. Incumbent must be knowledgeable of the tools, equipment, materials and processes needed to perform various construction and maintenance operations.
- Incumbent must have grade I level skills in at least one of the building trade crafts; must have strong, proven supervisory skills in the construction/maintenance field; must be customer service oriented; and must have a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and CAD with experience with USG programs highly desirable.
The position is open to all qualified Malawian nationals, and other qualified citizens in Malawi who have the required work and/or residency permits.
Application letters and Curriculum Vitae must reach the following address by November 11, 2011:
The Management Officer
P.O. Box 30016
Fax: (265) 01-770-471