Important: The fee for most non-immigrant visas is $160 or equivalent in Malawi Kwacha.
- Click here, to fill out an online Non-Immigrant Temporary Visa Application (DS-160)
- Click here, to schedule a Visa Interview after submitting your DS-160 visa application
Non-immigrant visa interviews are conducted Mondays and Wednesdays by appointment only.
How to apply for a Non-Immigrant Temporary visa
- Complete and submit the online visa application form DS-160 (link provided above).
- Schedule your appointment for the visa interview (link provided above).
- Have your photo taken. Photos must be 5 cm X 5 cm with white background. Do not attempt to upload the picture online, please bring it with you the day of the interview.
- Pay the visa application fee. Payment must be made in cash (Dollars or Kwacha) at the consular section the same day of your interview. No checks or credit cards are accepted.
- If the visa is approved, it takes a minimum of two business days to be processed. Some visa cases may take more time. Please submit your application with enough time in advance.
Please bring your appointment confirmation page and your DS-160 confirmation page the day of your interview. The actual DS-160 is submitted online.
Each visa applicant, including minors, must submit an individual online visa application form DS-160.
In order to facilitate emergency travel for certain businessmen, students, and people requiring specialized medical attention, the consular section has created a policy for expedited appointment requests.
This policy allows certain travelers to obtain expedited appointments , but does not affect the visa requirements or imply visa issuance.
Malawi Government employees and International Organization employees (such as World Bank, UNICEF, UNDP, etc.) going to the United States on official assignment may qualify for a no-fee official visa. Please check with the Consular Section to determine the correct visa type.
The schedule for official visa submissions is: Mondays and Wednesdays from 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm and Fridays from 9:00 am to 11:00 am. You can send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information on Non-Immigrant Temporary visas please visit: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/temp_1305.html
Diversity Visa Program
This program opens on October 1 and concludes November 2. Malawians can now apply for a visa to immigrate to the United States using this program.
For instructions on how to apply for the Diversity Visa, you can visit the following website: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1322.html
It's a Scam!
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.